The environmental services staff performs a range of manual custodial tasks in the care and cleaning of facilities and furnishings.
- Clean hard floors: vacuum, sweep, dust mop, wash, strip, wax and buff;
- Clean carpet floors: vacuum and shampoo;
- Clean windows, walls, fixtures and furnishings;
- Dust furniture, fixtures and woodwork;
- Collect and dispose of refuse and remove litter in and around buildings;
- Clean, sanitize and re-supply restrooms;
- Operate basic equipment; including buffers, burnishers, extractors, autoscrubbers and dry and wet vacuums;
- Assist in events set-up and tear-down, move furniture and equipment;
- Assist in snow removal;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school education required, some college preferred;
- One to three years experience with general housekeeping and maintenance work;
- Commercial or institution maintenance experience preferred;
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, chemical labels and warnings;
- Ability to perform tasks in a specific sequence;
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills required.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume or application to:
College for Creative Studies
Office of Human Resources
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202-4034ude.seidutssevitaercrofegelloc@rh">