Reports to: Director Annual Giving and Donor Services and Assistant Director of Special Events
The Events Assistant will assist the department of Institutional Advancement by providing administrative and logistical fundraising event support for the Detroit International Wine Auction (DIWA), the College’s signature fundraising event.
Assignment dates: Approximately Mid-July – November 1, 2015
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall assistance in planning and execution of the 34th Detroit International Wine Auction
- Oversee inventory management for DIWA including entry of donors and donations into online auction program; pick-up and delivery of items from donors; packing and labeling items for auction etc.
- Create materials for the auction including, but not limited to, certificates for display and distribution to the auction lot purchaser(s) and lot description cards
- Plan and execute logistics with select vendors as necessary (rentals, hotel, guest itineraries etc.)
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Interact with top individual and corporate event and college donors
- Perform data entry
- Maintain files and event binders
- Manage events phone line, record appropriate outgoing message, check messages and respond within 24 hours.
- Delivery of post-event auction lots, organization of wine cellar, maintaining an updated inventory of auction lots picked-up or delivered
- Additional responsibilities as identified during the event planning process related to mobile bidding etc.
- Must be available to work the entire week of October 12 and all day October 17 (8:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.)
- Excellent communication skills, energetic with positive demeanor
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with fundraising event planning, Greater Giving and the Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Requires minimal supervision; able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Problem-solving skills
- Part time July – September leading to full time in October through the event; returning to part time following the event for 2 weeks
- Some evening hours the week of the event
Submit letter of application and resume to:
College for Creative Studies
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202-4034