Reports to: Manager Facilities
This position is responsible for general maintenance, custodial duties and upkeep of college facilities and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facility maintenance and first response for work requests;
- Assist with general repairs of facilities, machinery and equipment;
- Assist in shipping and receiving duties;
- Assist in campus events with set-up and take-down;
- Painting and painting prep work as needed;
- Additional duties as required.
- High school education required, some college preferred
- Working knowledge of general building and facility maintenance to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.;
- General mechanical ability and aptitude required;
- One to three years experience working in commercial or educational buildings preferred;
- General custodial background to include cleaning, floor maintenance, grounds, etc.;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team;
- Position requires climbing, lifting, bending, and physical activity;
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Submit resume or application to:
College for Creative Studies
Office of Human Resources
201 E. Kirby
Detroit MI 48202