The Residence Life Coordinator is a full-time live-in professional responsible for overseeing residential life functions in one of our housing locations while assisting with the overall Residences Life responsibilities and activities of the Office of Student Life. This position will also serve as the Pre-College Summer Experience Coordinator for the residential Summer Camps that is offered to high school student through the Office of Continuing and Precollege Studies. They would also report to the Director of Continuing and Precollege Studies during this time period. Position is available June 1, 2014.
Competitive; includes a furnished apartment with free internet connection – pets and partners welcome
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise a resident assistant staff and hold weekly residence life staff meetings;
- Assist in the selection and training of the resident assistant staff;
- Assisting with housing assignments and the coordination of move-in and move out;
- Coordinate and participate in monthly suite inspections;
- Develop, implement, and assist with the programming needs of residents;
- Respond to needs and concerns of residents;
- Maintain and enhance the sense community;
- Enforce policies and respond to residential concerns after hours as needed;
- Coordinate summer conference housing;
- Assist with programs and perform administrative functions within the Office of Student Life;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Pre-college Summer Experience Coordinator Duties:
Supervise student participants;
Oversee and train college mentors;
Program non-academic activities and events within an existing budget;
Maintain strong communications between students, mentors and parents.
Master’s degree in higher education or college student personnel preferred; strong inter-personal skills with a high level of tact, empathy, and diplomacy; highly motivated self-starter who possesses the skills to effectively interact with students, staff, faculty and parents; excellent communication skills, both oral and written required; previous work in the residential life environment required.
How to Apply:
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
College for Creative Studies
Office of Human Resources
201 E. Kirby
Detroit MI 48202