from Word doc supplied 06.29 //dj -- 6/29/2012 [10:59 AM]
Requirements For All Applicants
PLEASE NOTE: To complete items numbered 3-7 you will need to create a personal account online using the website SlideRoom: www.ccs.slideroom.com. Follow the instructions for submission to the College for Creative Studies. Once in the CCS SlideRoom portal, you will click on the "Sign Up" link to get started. When your account is created you can return to it at any time with your login and password. There is a $15 fee required for SlideRoom, which you must pay this online with a major credit card.
- Complete the free online application.
- Submit official college transcript(s). (We require a minimum 3.0 undergraduate cumulative grade point average.) Photocopied transcripts are not accepted.
Please send all mail to the following address:
Admissions Office - Graduate
College for Creative Studies
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202-4034
- Upload a portfolio that communicates your problem-solving skills and your technical and design expertise to SlideRoom.
- It is required that applicants for the Transportation Design major include a significant number of original sketches in their portfolio submission and/or an additional sketchbook.
- Submit a statement of purpose (500 - 1,000 words) using your new SlideRoom account. The statement should outline your objectives for seeking an MFA at CCS. This document serves as your writing sample and should include your areas of interest and influences on your design/thinking practice.
- Submit resume/curriculum vitae using your new SlideRoom account detailing your educational and work experience and any community service.
- Provide three letters of recommendation from people who know your academic and professional record and can speak to your potential for success at CCS. You will send email requests for these letters. This is completed through your SlideRoom account.
- Prepare for an interview. Select candidates may be contacted for a Skype or telephone interview. To prepare yourself for an interview, become familiar with the CCS design philosophy through the website. For a list of sample interview questions contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
- After admission you will send a commitment fee in order to enroll. Submission of the $100 nonrefundable fee reserves your space in the program.
In addition to the items listed above, complete the following:
- Submit your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. The minimum required scores are: On the Internet version a 71, on the paper-based a composite score of 527, or on the computer-based a 197. Visit www.toefl.org - our school code is 1035. Photocopied test results are not accepted. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be considered in place of the TOEFL test. The minimum IELTS score required is 6.0. Successful completion of ELS 112 also may be used in place of the TOEFL test. Please visit www.els.edu for more information.
If the undergraduate degree was taught in English, an English proficiency test is not required.
- Provide English translations of your transcripts along with the school’s grading scale so we can convert your grades.
- Send official certification from a financial institution documenting funds to cover one year’s tuition and expenses. Please notify Graduate Admissions if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent children. The actual amount available for your studies must be stated in U.S. dollars. For current tuition amounts please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Submit an affidavit of support if a sponsor will help pay for your education. The Office of Graduate Admissions can supply this form.
Office of Graduate Admissions
Final application deadline for international students -June 1st, 2013
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis for US citizens until August 1st, 2013