The College for Creative Studies will award advanced placement credit for AP subject exams as described below.
- The student requests their Advanced Placement program exam results from the College Board .
- The exam results are sent to the Office of Academic Advising at CCS.
- The results are posted to the student's academic evaluation and notification is sent to the student's Academic Advisor.
- A grade of 4.0 or higher is required in all subjects to receive credit. See the corresponding AP grid to find out exactly what CCS credit is awarded.
- To request a copy of their AP score report, students should request their test score be sent to CCS electronically (our shool code is 1035) or contact AP/College Board at (888)225.5427 or email.
If you have questions regarding the Advanced Placement procedure, please contact the Office of Academic Advising and Registration at 313.664.7672.
|ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) TEST NAME||MINIMUM REQUIRED SCORE||CCS COURSE EQUIVALENT||CREDIT HOURS AWARDED|
|Art, History of||4||DAH 200||3|
|Art, Studio – Drawing||4||DFN 101 with portfolio review||3|
|Art, Studio – 2D Design||4||DFN 117 with portfolio review||3|
|Art, Studio – 3D Design||4||DFN 118 with portfolio review||3|
|Calculus AB||4||DNS 300||3|
|Calculus BC||4||DNS 300||3|
|Chinese Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|Computer Science A||4||General Elective||3|
|Computer Science AB||4||General Elective||3|
|Economics – Macroeconomics||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Economics - Microeconomics||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|English Language & Composition||4||DEN 108||3|
|English Literature & Composition||4||DEN 108||3|
|Environmental Science||4||DNS 300||3|
|French Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|French Literature||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|German Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|Government & Politics, U.S.||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Government & Politics, Comparative||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|History, European||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|History, U.S.||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|History, World||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Italian Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|Japanese Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|Music Theory||4||General Elective||3|
|Human Geography||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Physics 1||4||DNS 300||3|
|Physics 2||4||DNS 300||3|
|Physics C- Mechanics||4||DNS 300||3|
|Physics C- Electricity & Magnetism||4||DNS 300||3|
|Psychology||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|
|Spanish Language & Culture||4||General Elective||3|
|Spanish Literature||4||Liberal Arts Elective||3|