We've compiled a quick guideline to help you navigate your way through the admissions process. It's different for everyone, but this will help ensure that you don't miss anything.
General Timeline For High School Applicants
CCS accepts applications on a rolling basis. Following is a general timeline for fall semester applicants. The winter semester timeline varies, an admissions counselor will help guide you through the process:
- Visit Campus
- Find us at National Portfolio Days or College Fairs
- Schedule a counseling appointment or campus tour
- Earn a merit-based scholarship
SEPTEMBER 3–AUGUST 1 (Fall Semester):
Submit your application for the following fall semester beginning in September
SEPTEMBER 3–DECEMBER 1 (Winter Semester):
Submit your application for the following winter semester beginning in January
Ask your art teacher to nominate you for CCS's Award of Excellence Competition. Check here to make sure you qualify first!
JANUARY 1 - MARCH 1:
File the FAFSA online. The financial aid process takes approximately four to six weeks to complete.
Eligible candidates for the Walter B. Ford II Award of Excellence Scholarship Competition admission acceptance deadline.
If you are participating on a FIRST Team and applying for a FIRST Scholarship at CCS, you must be accepted by March 1st to be eligible for this award.
The Walter B. Ford Award II of Excellence Scholarship Competition will determine the winners of our highest scholarships. Applicants may be nominated by either their high school or college art instructor or by a CCS Admissions Counselor. Qualified nominees must complete all of the admissions requirements on or before the acceptance deadline.
- Request that your final, official transcript(s) and/or Advanced Placement test scores be sent directly from high school/dual-enrolled college or testing centers to the Academic Advising and Registration office at CCS after you have been accepted.
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES!
- It is important to register for classes early to get an optimal schedule. There are two ways to register for classes:
- Call us at 313-664-7672 to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. Phone appointments are also available.
- Register Online. You will receive your username and password in the U.S. mail. Then log on to blackboard to access your CCS email. You will have an email message from your academic advisor with detailed instructions on how to register. Students may register online using our WebAdvisor system.
- Use the Blackboard system to access the New Student Check-In
- New students are required to check-in on blackboard to confirm attendance at orientation and to schedule their English Placement Exercise (if applicable). You do not have to take the English Placement Exercise if you took the ACT or SAT English exam.
- Attend EPE - English Placement Exam (if applicable) and New Student Orientation.
RESERVE YOUR SPACE AFTER YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED
- Submit your $100 Commitment fee to reserve your space in your department and begin the registration process. Send the completed Commitment form and payment to the Admissions Office. You can also pay over the phone with a credit card by calling the Admissions Office. The commitment fee is applied directly to the first semester's tuition and is non-refundable after May 1.
- After acceptance and payment of the commitment fee, students who wish to live on campus must submit all housing forms (provided in the acceptance packet) and $550 ($200 housing deposit and $350 first housing payment) to the Housing Office. Housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis when all housing materials and payments have been received.
New student Move In and Welcome Week activities
Office of Admissions
201 East Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202