Welcome! We can’t wait to see you around campus, but before you start your first day of classes, our orientation will help prepare you for all that CCS has to offer.
The schedule for Orientation and other related events is below and don’t forget to review several of the Welcome Week Activities designed to help students become acclimated with campus.
New student orientation schedule
International Student Orientation
International students will attend both New Student Orientation and International New Student Orientation.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 7, 2016
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ford Campus, International Student Services Office, 2nd floor Yamasaki building
*Questions regarding Orientation can be directed to the Office of Student Affairs at 313.664.7879.
New Student Orientation
FRIDAY, JANUARY 8, 2016
8 a.m.: Check-In
Ford Campus, Walter B. Ford II Building Atrium
9 a.m. — 5 p.m.: Orientation
Ford Campus, Walter B. Ford II Building, Wendell W. Anderson Jr. Auditorium
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT ORIENTATION
- Get your student ID and parking pass (you’ll have trouble accessing parking and classrooms without it)
- Free lunch with fellow students
- Meet your department chair
- Confirm your class schedule with Academic Advising and Registration
- Overview of support/success services on campus
- Chances to win CCS swag
- Tour campus so you’ll know where to go for classes
- Meet new people and make new friends
Questions regarding Orientation can be directed to the Office of Student Affairs at 313.664.7879.