NEWS & EVENTS
Chrysler, College for Creative Studies and United Way team up to sponsor high school design competition
The College for Creative Studies is partnering with Chrylser and United Way to sponsor a high school design competition.
PROJECT: “Eco-Friendly Chrysler of the Future”
Design an eco-friendly Chrysler Group vehicle for first time buyers. The design should satisfy the needs of young consumers, while remaining environmentally friendly. Students can choose from any of the current Chrysler Group brands for inspiration: Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Fiat, and SRT.
All high school students currently attending a Michigan public school are eligible to participate.
- Contestants must submit one original design entry no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 11” x 17”.
- Submissions must be hand drawn on white paper with the use of pencil, markers, paint etc.
- Contest entries must include the following information on the back of the drawing or in the email:
- Student’s name, address, phone and email (critical!)
- Student’s grade level
- School Name and address
- Include any additional information for your design concept on a separate sheet (not on the drawing).
- Contest entries can be submitted by U.S. mail or via email*:
- For email entries: create a clear, quality image of your drawing and send as a .pdf or .jpg attachment to:
Rose Roth at moc.relsyrhc@21rr
- Hard copy entries should be mailed to:
Chrysler Product Design Office
800 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
*Note - If you submit your contest entry via email and are selected as a finalist, you will still be required to provide your original artwork in order to receive a prize.
Contest announced to schools and media on October 7, 2013.
All entries must be received at Chrysler no later than Friday, January 10, 2014.
Finalists will be announced on January 31, 2014.
Awards to be presented at the Autorama event at Cobo Hall in Detroit on Friday, March 7, 2014.
Finalists will be selected in the following categories, and must be present at the Autorama show in Detroit to win:
- 2nd place receives a mini-iPad and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 1st place receives an iPad, and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 2nd place receives a mini-iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS, and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 1st place receives an iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS, and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 2nd place receives a mini-iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 1st place receives an iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS , and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 2nd place receives an iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS, and 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit.
- 1st place receives an iPad, a 3-week summer automotive design course at CCS, 3 passes to Autorama in Detroit, and a $2,500 scholarship to CCS if accepted.
The 3-week course at CCS includes food and housing.
Prizes do not include transportation to Autorama or to CCS. Parents/students will be responsible for any transportation needs.
Students can follow all competition news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #DriveForDesign.
Contact: Rose Roth, 248 202-8698, email@example.com
By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that his or her entry conforms to the entry guidelines and restrictions set forth in these Official Rules (“Entry Requirements”) and that Chrysler Group LLC may, at its sole discretion, disqualify him or her from the Contest if Chrysler decides that his or her entry fails to conform to the Entry Requirements or any other provision of these Official Rules. Chrysler’s decisions regarding application and interpretation of these Official Rules shall be binding and final. Each entrant into the Contest (and his or her parent or legal guardian, if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence [a “minor”]) hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to Chrysler, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all patents, design patents and copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the entry for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Chrysler shall have the right, in its sole discretion and without owing any additional consideration to entrant, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, alter, use or otherwise exploit each the entry for any purpose which Chrysler deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the entry. If Chrysler shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the entry or other documents as Chrysler may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each Entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.