Preparing for the Application
Learn about Applying for Housing
Find a Local Doctor
Suggestions for finding a doctor in the Detroit area:
- Contact your health insurance company for a list of doctors in the Detroit area.
- Call a physician referral service, which will match you with a doctor by specialty, location, and insurance coverage. Referral services, such as St. John Health System, will even give you background information on the doctor. Following are some Detroit area physician referral services:
- Henry Ford Health System: 800.653.6568
- The Detroit Medical Center: 800.666.3466
- St. John Health Systems: 888.757.5463
- Check the internet at Yahoo Yellow Pages or Yellowpages.com. Select a doctor. Call and make sure the physician is accepting new patients, and that they accept your type of health insurance.
- If you know anyone in the area, ask if they have a doctor they would recommend. Consider asking other students as well.
Get Health Insurance
If you need health insurance, please consider the CCS Insurance Plan – http://sas-mn.com/students.html.
If you decide to go with the CCS insurance, please fill out the insurance plan form and send it to the address listed. In the insurance section of the housing application please write CCS in the required categories.
Start Your Application
After Completing your application
To finish the application process, please submit payment to CCS. Until we receive payment, your application will not be considered for housing.
$350 first payment (required of all students seeking housing)
$200 housing deposit (required of students who did not live in housing previous semester. Returning students need to make sure their balance is up to $200).
- Phone – 313.664.7435
- In person
- Mail - Housing, 201 E. Kirby, Detroit, MI 48202
CCS accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
Please include your Student ID Number on payment
Once we receive your payment you will get a confirmation email to the address you provided in the application.