Students who seek enrollment in specific credit courses at CCS but who do not seek admission to the degree program shall be identified as Non-Matriculated students. Non-Matriculated students must follow the appropriate admissions procedures if they decide to pursue a degree program.
A Guest/Non-Matriculating Student:
- May enroll in up to three (3) courses per semester with permission of the Department Chairperson
- Enrollment is on space available basis and should take place during the Drop/Add period (first week of semester).
- Financial Aid is not available to Non-Matriculated students.
- International students are not eligible to be enrolled as Non-Matriculated students.
- Non-Matriculated students are subject to the same fees as CCS degree-seeking students and must adhere to the same policies, procedures and deadlines as CCS degree-seeking students and will be graded according to the policies of the College.
Course Approval/Denial & Registration:
Non-matriculating students complete the Non-Matriculating Student Registration Form available in the Academic Advising and Registration Office (AARO) or via the AARO Blackboard site.
Non-Matriculated students are subject to ALL policies that apply to CCS degree seeking students including but not limited to attendance policy, payment due dates, withdrawal/refund policies, withdrawal procedures & policies. Registration, payment and refund dates and policies are found in the CCS Schedule Book.
If a CCS degree student requires enrollment in a course that is closed, a non-matriculated student may be dropped from the course to make room for the matriculated student.
How to Register as a Guest/ Non-Matriculating Student
- Student obtains CCS schedule book and Non-Matriculating Student Registration Form from the Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO).
- Student schedules an appointment with the department chair through the department administrator (telephone numbers provided to student; call AARO at (313) 664-7672 if you need assistance).
- Portfolio and/or other information- the department chair advises the student on the type of portfolio and/or other information required for the meeting.
- Immediate approval – if the department chair approves enrollment s/he will sign the registration form.
- Delayed approval – the department chair has the option of delaying approval for the course until the first week of classes. If this is the case, the student must return to the department during the first week of classes to obtain the department chair’s signature.
- Deny approval – the department chair has the option of denying approval if a student’s educational background or portfolio is deemed inappropriate or inadequate for successful completion of the course.
- Non-matriculated students must wait until the first week of classes to register.
- Student brings completed and signed registration form to the Academic Advising and Registration Office where the student will receive a registration confirmation upon registering.
Academic Advising & Registration Office
Yamasaki Building, A-200