Counseling services and student support groups are available to currently enrolled part-time and full-time students through the Office of Student Affairs. Personal counselors provide counseling services addressing personal issues that may or may not be related to student academic progress. Services are free and students may see the counselor as often or as long as necessary. Should further or more intensive counseling be desired or recommended, referrals to outside agencies or private practitioners will be made.

Students interested in connecting with others dealing with similar personal, social or artistic issues are encouraged to start or join student support groups to share frustrations, concerns and interests. Upon request, a counselor is available to facilitate support groups.

The CCS Counseling Office maintains a listing of health and counseling services, and referrals to outside clinics, agencies and private practitioners are made when necessary.

Consultations are strictly confidential and will not become part of a student's permanent record. All referrals are made in strict confidence.

Confidential. Professional.

Anyone concerned about a student's emotional or behavioral status can make a confidential referral by completing a Confidential Referral form and sending it to the Office of Student Affairs, or by directly contacting the counselors.

Counseling Intake Forms are available in the Office of Student Affairs or can be printed out from this website:

For helpful mental health & wellness resources online, visit or

Contact us to schedule an appointment

Jim Bauer, MA, LPC, NCC


Valerie Weiss, LMSW


Visit the counseling office on the second floor of the Yamasaki Building

Designed and created by DDM Marketing & Communications.