Communication Design (Graphic Design)
Typography, Type Design, City of Detroit, Collaborative Design Practice, Social Practice, Graphic Design History, Exhibition Design and Curation, Branding and Publication Design.
Publication Office at the California Institute of Arts; and in the Design Department at Walker Art Center. After working professionally for a few years, LaPorte accepted a full-time teaching position at the Eastern Michigan University. In 1997, she was hired at College for Creative Studies as graphic designer for the Publication Office and adjunct professor. In 1999, LaPorte accepted a full-time teaching position at the College. Partial list of clients include University Musical Society, Ann Arbor, Michigan; College for Creative Studies; and Focus Hope.
- Emigre, Print
- Typography Now I
- Type Design & Radical Innovations and Experimentation
- American Center for Design (ACD) 100 Shows (no. 16, 18, 21)
- AIGA Detroit Review (2003, 2005, 2007)
- I Profess...Exhibition, Michigan State University, East Lansing MI
- In Cahoots Alumni Show, California Institute of the Art
- AIGA Design Education Conference Geographics: Design, Education and the Transnational Terrain in Honolulu, HA - 2012
- RGD Design Education Conference in Toronto, CA – 2014
- AICAD Social Practices Conference at CCS in Detroit MI, Fall 2015
- AIGA National Design Education Conference, Nuts + Bolts, at Bowling Green University, Bowling Green, OH
DESIGN CURATORIAL WORK
- Exhibit A: Evidence of Pleasure; Design + Business; and Revolution/Evolution.
- Revolution/Evolution, CCS Valade Family Gallery