The College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit, private college authorized by the Michigan Education Department to grant Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. CCS is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Documents regarding accreditation are available in the Executive Office upon formal request.

In order to make the accreditation process responsive to a broad range of constituents, the accrediting agencies invite the public to provide written comments about the College’s qualifications for continued accreditation. If you wish to comment, please contact either agency by letter or email.

A graphic badge signifying that CCS is an NC-Sara Participating Institution

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements Participating Institution

College for Creative Studies has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.

Interior Design Accreditation

The interior design program leading to the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation,, 206 Grandville Avenue, Suite 350, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503.

The CIDA-accredited program prepares students for entry-level interior design practice, for advanced study, and to apply for membership in professional interior design organizations. The granted by meets the educational requirement for eligibility to sit for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification Examination (NCIDQ Exam). For more information about NCIDQ Exam eligibility visit

Council for Interior Design Accreditation logo

Council of Interior Design Accreditation
206 Grandville Avenue, Suite 350
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-4014

The Higher Learning Commission
30 North La Salle Streets, Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504

National Association of Schools of Art and Design logo

National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21
Reston, Virginia 20190-5248

To File a Complaint with the State of Michigan:

In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the College, students may file a complaint with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs in the State of Michigan. This agency should be contacted only after the student has registered a complaint with the College and has not received a response to the request for resolution. Contact information for LARA is as follows:

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau Administrative Services Section
P.O. Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909
Telephone: (517) 241-9223.

How to File a Complaint