Voter Registration

Institutions of higher education must make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration forms to all enrolled students physically in attendance at the institution for primary elections as well as for general elections. The Higher Education Amendments of 1998 states that the law “shall apply to elections as defined in section 301 (1) of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 and includes the election for Governor or other chief executive within such State.”

The National Mail Voter Registration Form can be used to register to vote, to update your registration information due to a change of name, make a change of address or to register with a political party.

The National Mail Voter Registration Form and directions can be found on the United States Election Assistance Commission website: ;

  1. Click on the Recourses for Voters tab
  2. Click on Register to Vote
  3. Choose the appropriate form