The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Group is to develop and guide activities, protocols and trainings that strengthen CCS’ commitment to and creation of a welcoming, safe, supportive, creative and connected culture at the College.
DEI Advisory Group Responsibilities
- Developing a position statement to use in guiding our activities, on our website, etc.
- Researching and benchmarking best practice activities from other institutions, comparing what we have in place and what we need.
- Developing a plan to move the initiative forward, including engaging an expanded group and using our strategic plan format.
- Bringing awareness to members of the CCS community about diversity, equity, and inclusion in its many forms.
- Creating and sustaining initiatives to galvanize our culture and engage proactively in rapid response to issues of equity and inclusion both on campus and in external partnerships.
- Establishing professional connections with organizations dedicated to the advancement of diversity and inclusion.
As a leading school of art and design and influential member of the Detroit community, CCS desires to be an agent of cultural change in response to the historical context out of which the school and City have grown.
DEI Advisory Group Members
Associate Professor, Illustration
Assistant Professor, Fine Arts
Director of International Student Services
Graduate Studies Adjunct Professor
Program Manager, Entertainment Arts
Development Assistant, Institutional Advancement
Director, Kresge Arts in Detroit
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Assistant Professor, Foundations
Student Engagement Manager
Associate Director of Foundation Relations
Digital Scholarship Specialist
Dean of Students
Assistant Director, Community Arts Partnership
Senior Admissions Counselor
International Academic Advisor
Program Manager, Fine Arts
Chair of Art Education
Director of Culture & Community, Design Core Detroit
Director of Wellness and Counseling Services