Admissions Representative (Midwest)
STATUS: Full Time, 9 Months
DIVISION: Enrollment Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Recruitment
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for managing the relationship between CCS and prospective students by helping them make an informed college choice. The position is the primary point of contact between the institution and potential students and is responsible for meeting individual and overall new student enrollment goals. This is a remote position, ideally located in the Chicago or Milwaukee area.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Represent the college to prospective students and their families in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Attend College and Transfer Fairs during the fall and spring
- Attend regional and National Portfolio Days around the country, as needed
- Schedule and visit art classrooms in high schools and technical centers throughout the year to build relationships with art teachers and counselors
- Research new schools and college fair opportunities
- Follow up communication to prospective students until they apply
- Work with the Admissions Events Manager to organize, plan and host off-site
regional recruiting events
- Assist with on campus events as needed
- Maintain accurate record of contacts
- File reports detailing recruitment and admissions activity
- Visits to campus: training, quarterly meetings, annual retreat, department liaison meetings
- Regular communication & collaboration with Admissions Team and Director of Recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in admissions or enrollment management preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Ability to represent the college in a professional manner.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours, including weekends.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to higher education, customer service and student focus.
ABOUT CCS: Located in the heart of Detroit, the College for Creative Studies (CCS) educates artists and designers to be leaders in the creative professions. A private, fully accredited college, CCS enrolls more than 1,400 students pursuing Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees.
Students in the BFA program can major in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design, in addition to a dual major Art Education program. Students in the MFA program can major in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design, and Transportation Design. The College also offers non-credit courses in the visual arts through its Continuing and Precollege Studies programs and opportunities for youth through its Community Arts Partnerships programs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.