Book Store Assistant
STATUS: Part-time, up to 28 hours per week, Flexible schedule that includes day, evening & occasional Saturday hours
DIVISION: Administration and Finance, Business Services
REPORTS TO: Bookstore Manager
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
The position is responsible for assisting the store manager and assistant manager at both Campus Bookstores, as well as to support a close working relationship with all campus constituencies to insure quality service to students, faculty and staff.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for performing Cash register
- Greet and assist customers in bookstore.
- Responsible for stocking, pricing, and maintaining store
- Assist with visual merchandising and store
- Assist in processing and shipping online
- Perform additional duties as
- An associate degree in business related field required.
- One to two years of retail experience
- Experience with POS systems highly desirable.
- Must have excellent customer relation, organization and communication skills.
- Must be reliable, dependable and
- Ability to work with a diverse student and campus
- Must be able to lift up to lift heavy boxes, climb ladders and perform other labor
- Evening and weekend hours may be
- Proficient computer skills preferred.
SALARY & FRINGE BENEFITS: Competitive wage and fringe benefits.
About the Bookstore
The College’s main bookstore is located in the Taubman Building and features a vast array of supplies, books, and souvenirs for all disciplines. A second, smaller bookstore is located in the Yamasaki Building and features mostly supplies that cater to the disciplines in nearby buildings. The Bookstore also has an online website where customers can purchase items.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduates and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Copywriting, Advertising Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Art Education, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master of Fine Arts in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design, and Transportation Design.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of application to: ude.seidutsevitaercrofegelloc@rh">email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.