Director of Admissions
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-month position
DIVISION: Enrollment Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Admissions
SUPERVISES: 6 full-time staff
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Director of Admissions works closely with a dynamic team to recruit, admit and enroll students for our art- and design-based undergraduate and graduate programs. The Director of Admissions contributes to the development and implementation of enrollment and communication strategies that align with the College’s Strategic Plan, and works in close collaboration with the Executive Director of Admissions, Director of Recruitment and Director of Admissions Operations.
- Oversee the management of key recruitment staff and territories and methods of connecting to prospective students, art educators, college counselors and other influencers.
- Set and review weekly communications goals and expectations for the team
- Manage application reviews to ensure consistency and fairness in admission decision-making.
- Work closely with CCS Marketing and Admissions Marketing Communications Specialist to create messaging that stimulates audience engagement and interest in offerings
- Oversee the inter-departmental communications targeted at incoming students to support their transition from prospective student to enrolled.
- Represent the College live online and in person at events about CCS’ programs, culture and campus to prospective students and families, educators, at events and fairs.
- Some work-related travel, and some evenings and weekends are required.
- Advise the team on trends and changes in admissions processes, expectations and methods.
- Manage and award scholarships for incoming students.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 – 6 years of progressive leadership experience in higher education admissions, higher education recruitment or marketing, or enrollment management
- Competency in analyzing recruitment-related data and assessing programming activities as part of a strategic enrollment planning initiative.
- Excellent leadership and written communication skills
- Strong communication and managerial skills
- Ability to lead by example and oversee training for staff and team of recruitment professionals
- Computer literacy: Google Workspace, Excel, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint are a must; knowledge of Salesforce and TargetX CRM systems preferred; Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In-Design) a plus
If you enjoy working with and leading a team, have respect for the role creativity has on the everyday, are inspired by innovative design and art, are motivated through brainstorming and problems solving, and if you like working with and talking to people, have an average-to-above-average understanding of recruitment and enrollment, enjoy occasional work travel, and appreciate an on-campus environment with some flexibility for remote work, then this job may be a great fit for you.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, text, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events, and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center or other off-site events are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest to: email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.