Enterprise Systems Administrator
DIVISION: Administration and Finance
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Enterprise Systems Administrator performs all functions related to server installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance. This position also is primary for managing and maintaining databases running on those systems. This position will encompass both Linux and Windows systems, with the primary emphasis being on Linux. This position will also help manage and support the College’s virtual infrastructure (VMware, including Horizon)
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Install, configure, administer and maintain virtual and physical servers;
- Perform database administration as required;
- Design, implement, and monitor backup and redundancy strategies to ensure availability and minimize downtime;
- Utilize appropriate hardening and security monitoring paradigms and techniques;
- Take an active part in the College’s information security initiatives;
- Assist with management, upgrade and support of the College’s virtual infrastructure;
- As needed, assist with the maintenance and administration of the College’s networks and other systems;
- Assist with other departmental projects and initiatives, including helpdesk support;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or several years relevant experience, bachelor degree preferred;
- Professional experience administering Linux (required) and Windows (preferred) servers and relational databases;
- Professional experience administrating VMware preferred;
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Understanding of and ability to put into practice system hardening and security monitoring techniques and practices;
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects (strong multi-tasking ability);
- Ability to work evenings, early mornings or weekends when required.
Office environment with some physical work in data centers. Typical hours are weekday daytime onsite. This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events, and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center site are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format:
Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.