Environmental Services Staff
STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Manager Environmental Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The environmental services staff performs a range of manual custodial tasks in the care and cleaning of facilities and furnishings.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Clean hard floors: vacuum, sweep, dust mop, wash, strip, wax and buff.
- Clean carpet floors: vacuum and shampoo.
- Clean windows, walls, fixtures and furnishings.
- Dust furniture, fixtures and woodwork.
- Collect and dispose of refuse and remove litter in and around buildings.
- Clean, sanitize and re-supply restrooms.
- Operate basic equipment; including buffers, burnishers, extractors, auto scrubbers and dry and wet vacuums.
- Assist in events set-up and tear-down, move furniture and equipment.
- Assist in snow removal.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school education is required, some college preferred.
- One to three years of general housekeeping and maintenance work experience.
- Commercial or institution maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, chemical labels and warnings.
- Ability to perform tasks in a specific sequence.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail in performing work.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform work independently.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and on weekends.
- Must be reliable, dependable, punctual and have a good attendance record.
- Above-average interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Must be able to climb ladders. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The College for Creative Studies strives to create a working environment where all employees are appreciated and valued for their contributions. In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the College offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance the physical health, financial security and general well-being of its employee’s lives and the lives of their families.
• Generous Vacation Package and Paid Holidays
• 403b Program
• Robust Healthcare Plans: Medical, Dental and Vision
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Educational Opportunities
• Free Parking
• Complimentary Uniforms
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format:
Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals