DIVISION: Event Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Event Operations in the planning and executing facility use rentals and supporting campus events, exhibitions and fundraising events.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with Director of Event Operations to support and staff rental events held on CCS Campuses by outside clients.
- Manage rental event inquiries, facility tours and rental calendar.
- Coordinate site visits with outside clients and vendors.
- Coordinate and input event forms, room reservations and catering orders.
- Coordinate external rental needs with vendors including, but not limited to A/V, staging, props, catering, etc.
- Maintain a list of available dates for events, considering set up and break down needs of each, and the various locations on campus to avoid double booking.
- Ensure that all safety and liability guidelines are followed.
- Ensure any outside caterers and vendors are licensed and insured, should the client request an external catering company.
- Make recommendations for event timing, layout, etc., to ensure a positive experience within the parameters of the facility.
- Work with individuals in key departments (security, facilities, etc.) to ensure that institutional requirements are considered when developing and executing event plans.
- Serve as point of contact for vendors in terms of set up prior to and during event and break down after event.
- Manage and organize event supply inventory.
- Support internal department and student events and exhibitions held on campus.
- Campus tour support and other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of event planning and/or event sales experience.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, organizational, presentation skills and strong writing skills.
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to take initiative and efficiently manage time devoted to multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Proficient in an array of technology and software.
- High-energy with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work flexible shifts.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
How To Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCS website: https://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Discrimination, including harassment, because of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.