Graduate Admissions Counselor
DIVISION: : Enrollment and Student Services – Graduate Admissions
REPORTS TO: Director of Graduate and International Admissions
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Graduate Admissions Counselor is responsible for a wide variety of recruitment duties in support of the College’s Graduate recruitment plan. This position will provide information about CCS to inquiries, applicants, their families, college/university faculty and advisors, international visitors and various educational partners.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Act as the main admissions counselor for all graduate inquiries and applicants- emails, calls, presentations and meetings (in-person and virtual);
- Represent CCS at college fairs, campus events, presentations and other recruitment events;
- Counsel prospective graduate students in regard to academic programs, admissions requirements, housing, scholarships, procedures, and student life at CCS;
- Maintain, review and process student application files from prospect to enrolled student;
- Translate, evaluate and verify international transcripts/mark sheets, degree/diplomas and exam scores for graduate applicants;
- Conduct general portfolio reviews;
- Serve as liaison between inquiries and applicants and CCS Graduate Studies Dean, program chairs and other institutional offices;
- Assist with the operational management of CCS’s Graduate studies promotion and student recruitment activities;
- Extensive travel throughout the U.S. and internationally to develop strong relationship with prospective and current applicants, college/university faculty and counselors;
- Research and develop relationships with U.S. and international colleges and universities;
- Book and plan individual travel;
- Manage graduate in-person and virtual recruitment fair/events calendar, registration, booth and presentation creation;
- Assistant with development of communications, including emails and social media posts, with Director of Graduate and International Admissions and the Communications and Marketing team;
- Oversee graduate admissions social media platforms and content;
- Contribute feedback to recruitment forecasting and meeting overall institutional targets for graduate enrollment;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- At least 2 years of experience working in higher education, preferable admissions or graduate recruitment;
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods of time;
- Availability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed;
- Background in art and design highly desirable;
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, including a strong sensitivity to diverse student populations;
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects
- Proficiency with the Google Suite, MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Power Point required;
- Experience with social media and communication platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, WeChat;
- Knowledge of Target X or similar CRM is highly desired.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events, and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center site are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format:
Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.