International Admissions Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Recruitment
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Responsible for managing the relationship between CCS and prospective international students by helping them make an informed college choice. The position is the primary point of contact between the institution and potential students and is responsible for meeting individual and overall new student enrollment goals.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage an assigned geographic recruiting territory;
- Plan and execute international travel, when safe, to develop strong relationships with art teachers, counselors, students and families;
- Manage personal follow-up strategies with international inquiries, applicants, high school art teachers, and school and independent counselors;
- Make high school presentations, visit counseling offices and attend college fairs, portfolio days and other events, virtually and in-person;
- Research and develop relationships with international schools located in the U.S. and students studying on an F-1 or other Visa status;
- Conduct portfolio critiques;
- Interview and counsel students on admissions procedures, housing, scholarships, course transferability and student life at CCS;
- Maintain and process files from applicants to enrolled students;
- Evaluate and verify international transcripts/mark sheets, degree/diplomas and exam scores for undergraduate applicants;
- Assist with special events hosted by the admissions office, virtually and in-person;
- Be available to work some evenings and weekends, which may include overnight due to different time zones;
- Collaborate with the CCS Admissions Social Media and Communications team and marketing to develop messaging, posts, live events, etc. geared toward prospective and admitted international applicants;
- Stay current on the educational and political climates of international countries;
- Maintain general knowledge regarding regulations governing international students and scholars as dictated by the agencies of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security;
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in art or design or related area;
- Experience working in admission and/or international markets a plus;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills using a high level of tact, empathy and diplomacy, including sensitivity to diverse student population;
- Exhibit a level of comfort and confidence with public speaking;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize workload according to recruiting cycle
- Ability to travel overseas, when safe, for extended periods of time
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft & Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Certification in Art Education and Master of Fine Arts and Master of Arts degrees in Art Education, Color and Materials Design, Design for Climate Action, Motion Design, Transportation Design and User Experience Design
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: hr@collegeforcreativestudies.
CCS website: http://www.
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Discrimination, including harassment, because of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.