STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The maintenance technician will assist in all aspects of the Facilities Department.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform grounds maintenance work.
- Assemble modular furniture.
- Perform painting and carpentry duties.
- Perform minor plumbing and electrical work.
- Responsible for receiving deliveries.
- Perform snow removal on college properties.
- Drive college vehicles to perform work tasks.
- Operate basic equipment.
- Assist in events set-up and tear-down, move furniture and equipment.
- Assist with on campus mail delivery function.
- Perform additional duties as assigned per supervisor.
- High school education required, some college preferred.
- One to three years of maintenance work experience required; institution or education maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with computers, email, and database entry highly desired.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail in performing work.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform work independently.
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to climb ladders.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and on weekends.
- Must be reliable, dependable, punctual and have a good attendance record.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ABOUT CCS: College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It awards the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design and Transportation Design, and the Master of Fine Arts degrees in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design and Transportation Design. An Art Education Teacher Certification program is also available.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.