STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The maintenance technician will assist in all aspects of the Facilities Department.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform grounds maintenance work.
- Assembly and repair modular furniture.
- Perform painting and carpentry duties.
- Perform minor plumbing and electrical work.
- Responsible for receiving deliveries.
- Perform snow removal on college properties.
- Drive and maintain college vehicles to perform work tasks.
- Assist with irrigation maintenance.
- Basic kitchen equipment repair.
- Operate and maintain basic equipment and hand tools.
- Assist in events set-up, tear-down and organization, move furniture, staging, and equipment.
- Assist with on-campus mail delivery function.
- Basic door and lock repair.
- The basic operation of life safety systems (alarms and fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers).
- The basic operation of building automation system.
- Basic operation and maintenance of all HVAC equipment.
- Trained in the use of AED, bleed stop kit, and CPR.
- Perform additional duties as assigned per supervisor.
- High school education required, some college preferred.
- One to three years of maintenance work experience required; institution or education maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with computers, email, and database entry highly desired.
- Must possess strong attention to detail in performing work.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform work independently.
- Above-average interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to climb ladders.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and on weekends.
- Must be reliable, dependable, punctual and have a good attendance record.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts, and vibration. The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Must be able to climb ladders. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The College for Creative Studies strives to create a working environment where all employees are appreciated and valued for their contributions. In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the College offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance the physical health, financial security and general well-being of its employees lives and the lives of their families.
- Generous Vacation Package and Paid Holidays
- 403b Program
- Robust Healthcare Plans: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D Insurances
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Opportunities
- Free Parking
- Complimentary Uniforms
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It awards the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design and Transportation Design, and the Master of Fine Arts degrees in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design and Transportation Design. An Art Education Teacher Certification program is also available.
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: hr@collegeforcreativestudies.
CCS website: http://www.
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.