Metal Shop Evening Technician
STATUS: Full Time, 35 hours per week, 9 months per year
DIVISION: Academic Facilities
REPORTS TO: Metal Shop Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Metal Shop Technician is responsible for helping to oversee the metalshop and foundry facilities. Technician assists in the training of students, staff, and faculty in the safe and effective use of metalshop and foundry tools, equipment, and machinery. Position will consistently work 35 hours per week Monday- Friday 3:30 – 11:30p.m. in the metal shop and foundry. Flexible hours are required.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide service and observe the needs of students and faculty utilizing the facility in the fulfillment of their curricular purpose.
- Assist in routine and unanticipated maintenance of shop tools and equipment.
- Assist in the supervision and training of work-study students.
- Assist in safety programs to ensure the proper use of tools, equipment, and machinery.
- Maintain a clean and effective work space.
- Ensure OSHA safety regulations are being observed and maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MFA preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a variety of metal working, fabrication, foundry, mold making, model making, and art processes.
- Must be “hands on” with a strong understanding of a variety materials and have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for learning new skills and techniques.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse student and faculty populace of varying abilities.
- Educational environment experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency necessary, 3D CAD and Laser Cutter experience preferred.
- Occasional lifting of 80lbs.
ABOUT CCS: College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It awards the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design and Transportation Design, and the Master of Fine Arts degrees in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design and Transportation Design. An Art Education Teacher Certification program is also available.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.