STATUS: Full Time
DIVISION: Administration and Finance
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director and Project Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Network Engineer works with the Assistant Director and Project Manager in implementing, enhancing, maintaining and troubleshooting the College’s technology infrastructure, with a focus on the physical network and associated systems.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Network switch installation and configuration, including routing, load balancing, and virtual lans;
- Network monitoring and trouble-shooting;
- Wireless network installation and administration;
- Install and help administer the campus safety video systems;
- Assist with building access control system installation, support and administration;
- Support onsite vendor technology requirements;
- Support IT-related needs of the conference center;
- Firewall and related appliance administration and log monitoring;
- Assist with Cisco phone system troubleshooting and administration;
- Maintain network documentation;
- Assist with network cabling;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience;
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects (strong multi-tasking ability);
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience with Cisco and/or Dell networks and Checkpoint firewalls a plus.
ABOUT CCS: College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It awards the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Advertising Design, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design and Transportation Design, and the Master of Fine Arts degrees in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design and Transportation Design. An Art Education Teacher Certification program is also available.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com.
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.