Office of Partnerships Office Coordinator
DIVISION: Office of Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Shannon McPartlon
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Office of Partnerships Office Coordinator is an integral part of the team providing administrative support for strategic initiatives, educational partnerships, career development activities, and experiential learning programs.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop a thorough understanding of the focus areas within the Office of Partnerships (OP), as well as the strategic priorities of the College. Cultivate close working relationships and open communication across the College in order to execute OP responsibilities.
- Event planning and coordination including: on-site support for OP events and meetings including, but not limited to: event execution, promotion, and post event responsibilities.
- Act as point of contact for external inquiries (as appropriate); Welcome students and guests to the office during open office hours.
- Support pre and post semester educational partnership prep and close-out (as needed).
- Responsible for OP document management (physical files) as well as online shared folder system; Maintain the Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Support Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships & Programs with data collection and maintaining accurate records in the Office of Partnerships database (Neon) as well as support daily employer registrations/approvals in Handshake.
- Execute office administrative activities including: maintaining student resources, scheduling appointments for OP team (as needed) both internally and with external partners, invoicing, payment requisitions, coordinating office travel needs, ordering materials and budget tracking (as needed).
Student and Educational Support
- Support coordination of resources such as online tools, social media channels, etc. in collaboration with Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Programs
- Research and advise OP team and other internal stakeholders about high level art and design trends locally, nationally and internationally.
- Support CCS Marketing and Communication team to share relevant student, alumni and employer success stories.
- Supervise/coordinate work study student(s) as needed when Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships & Programs is not available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree required;
- Previous experience in an academic environment, art and design, and recruiting and placement preferred;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of tact, empathy and diplomacy;
- Proficiency with Microsoft office;
- Photoshop and InDesign a plus;
- High energy, self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, to effectively communicate with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and employers;
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events,and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center site are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCS website: https://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Discrimination, including harassment, because of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.