Precollege & Continuing Studies Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Part-Time Permanent 15-20 hours per week during the academic year; 20-25 hours per week during the summer
DIVISION: Precollege and Continuing Studies
REPORTS TO: Director of Pre-College and Continuing Studies
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the Precollege and Continuing Studies office and staff.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Ensure effective daily operations of the CE program; troubleshoot and problem-solve;
- Manages PCS instructors, TA’s, and Mentors time sheets in payroll system;
- Performs data entry into Colleague registration system and Shopify online shopping website;
- Assist the Department Administrator with PCS students, by phone and walk-in, on course selection and register students via the Colleague on-line system;
- Assist with the creation of the PCS schedule book by confirming faculty schedules, coordinating room assignments with the registrar and preparation of the manuscript;
- Assist in facilitating the PCS Summer Library Outreach Program;
- Monitor PCS enrollments; determine course cancellations and schedule changes with director and expedite changes;
- Assist with marketing efforts by attending recruitment events, researching new sites for the display of PCS catalogs and distributing catalogs;
- Assist the director with evaluation of faculty through site visits and collection and assessment of student evaluations;
- Coordinate PCS student art exhibits;
- Assist with research and writing of reports and proposals; and
- Perform other duties needed to ensure the success of the PCS program.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Knowledge of visual arts required;
- 1-2 years administrative experience at a college or nonprofit arts organization required;
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer relations skills required and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population of customers;
- Must have strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently, and the ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive assignments;
- Must be detail oriented;
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills; and
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Power Point required.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduates and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Copywriting, Advertising Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Art Education, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master of Fine Arts in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design, and Transportation Design.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Precollege & Continuing Studies: https://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/academics/ce
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.