Student Affairs Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time, 12 months
DIVISION: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
The Coordinator provides first-line customer service for the Office of Student Affairs. Additionally, the Coordinator plays a significant role in Commencement Ceremony preparation, Residence Life and Wellness Center administrative work, and office management. The Coordinator manages the payment, billing, and ordering processes for the Office of Student Affairs and is a knowledge resource for campus resources.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide quality customer service to visitors to the Office of Student Affairs
- High level of understanding of all Student Affairs functions
- Knowledge of campus resources
- Provide support for College Commencement Ceremonies
- Coordinate regalia needs for ceremonies
- Manage student materials for commencement
- Support as needed through the ceremony
- Provide support for Residence Life
- Manage communication flow for students in the application process
- Manage billing process for Residence Life
- Provide administrative support for the Wellness Center
- Manage billing and purchasing processes for the Wellness Center
- Assist with appointment management as needed
- Assist with accessing student records as needed
- Administrative support for the Student Affairs Office and Student Engagement
- Manage office billing and purchasing
- Support various ordering processing
- Previous experience managing complex tasks, excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of the Colleague student information system preferred
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.