The Mission Statement of the College for Creative Studies is as follows:
The College for Creative Studies nurtures the creativity that is vital to the enrichment of modern culture. The College educates visual artists and designers, knowledgeable in varied fields, who will be leaders in creative professions that shape society and advance economic growth. The College fosters students’ resolve to pursue excellence, act ethically, embrace their responsibilities as citizens of diverse local and global communities, and learn throughout their lives. The College engages in community service by offering opportunities for artistic enrichment and opening career pathways to talented individuals of all ages.
PURPOSES AND GOALS
The College strives to be a creative institution, consistent with its name and mission. To that end, it periodically examines itself through a strategic planning process that clarifies its purposes and articulates its goals for the future. The current Strategic Plan was developed in a year-long process involving many of the College’s constituencies. It identified a vision and four overarching goals that express the College’s principles and priorities and guide its current activities. Following are those vision and goals statements:
Through relentless creativity, we will educate students to be the best artists and designers in the world.
By expanding our collaborative commitment to quality, innovation, financial soundness, social responsibility and ethical practice, we will enhance the College's contributions to our students and the community and assure its long-term vitality.
STRATEGIC PLAN GOALS
We will provide an exceptional supportive experience to all students at every touchpoint, to enable and encourage them to reach their highest potential.
Faculty / Staff
We will create an environment that attracts, supports, develops and inspires a world-class faculty and staff.
We will develop and sustain innovative academic programs to ensure CCS is always at the forefront of creative education and practice.
Social Responsibility / Community
We will expand upon our culture of engagement with diverse constituencies to enable our students, employees, alumni, partners and community to flourish.
The faculty of the College are currently engaged in a process to articulate more clearly the objectives of a CCS education, to align the curricula of the various majors with those general objectives, and to assess the College’s success in meeting them. The general objectives, characterized as “Institutional Learning Outcomes,” are as follows:
CCS graduates will be able to:
- THINK: Demonstrate critical thinking characterized by experimentation, inquiry and theoretically informed social, cultural and historical awareness.
- CREATE: Synthesize knowledge and skills in the conceptualization and realization of creative expression.
- COMMUNICATE: Articulate ideas and visual concepts in writing, presentations, and professional practice.
- INNOVATE: Frame visionary responses to evolving social, cultural, and economic needs and opportunities.
- CONNECT: Engage as responsible and ethical citizens of diverse, local, global and professional communities.
- LEAD: Demonstrate leadership through appropriate research, methods, design and professional conduct.