Fashion Accessories Design
Due to all of the unknowns around COVID-19 restrictions, this program will be completely virtual. And although we can no longer offer college credit, it won’t diminish this exciting experience, which you can now complete from the comfort of your own home. You will develop and create artwork that will greatly enhance your college entrance portfolio that will make you stand out nationwide.
Full Scholarships Available for Fashion Design Summer Camp
CCS is excited to offer 10 high school students an opportunity to attend the College's Precollege Fashion Design Summer Camp at no cost. All students entering the contest will have their work judged by industry professionals, but only 10 will be offered a scholarship that will cover the cost of attending the camp, travel to the camp, housing, food and materials.*
*The Fashion Design summer camp may be offered online if the program cannot be delivered safely in person due to the Covid pandemic.
The Fashion Design Residency Competition is made possible by a generous gift from Danialle and Peter Karmanos, Jr.
The competition is conducted in two stages:
Stage One: Fashion Residents
Ten Fashion Residents will be selected from all submissions by a jury of esteemed industry professionals. Each Resident will receive a scholarship to attend the College for Creative Studies three week, non-credit online Fashion Illustration Course.
Stage Two: Fashion Scholar
Fashion Residents who are rising seniors and apply to CCS from high school will be eligible to compete for a $40,000 scholarship to attend the College for Creative Studies undergraduate program in Fashion Design. Scholarships will be applied $10,000 per year for four years.
The Future of Fashion: Submit a mood board that includes inspirational images, your ideation, and fashion drawings and a one-page statement that summarizes your vision for designs and the Future of Fashion. The board can be digital or hand made. The importance is creativity!
Submissions are due March 1, 2021. For more information and to submit your entry, visit Slideroom.
*Note: In the case that we are not able to offer an on-campus experience in Summer 2021, due to COVID or other significant extenuating circumstance, the Fashion Precollege Summer Experience will be offered online. Scholarship awards from this program are tuition waivers for the Precollege Summer Experience program only and have no cash value.
Who May Enter
- Current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors or international equivalent who will have completed their first year by July 1, 2021.
- US and international students
- Create an account on Slideroom
- Upload up to 5 illustrations and a 300 word max written or video summary of your vision - following the theme of sustainability. Tell us why sustainability is important to you.
** Most of the winners had no previous experience. We teach you all the basic skills.
Timing & Deadlines
September 1, 2020
Competition start date, begin submissions
March 1, 2021
March 15, 2021
- May 15, 2021
Winners must accept award and submit PCSE commitment forms
- June 1, 2021
Winners confirm travel arrangements with CCS
- July 2021
CCS Precollege Summer Experience
- Aki Choklat - Chair CCS Fashion Accessories Design
- Danialle Karmanos - Philanthropist
- Akiko Inui - Group Vice President, PVH
- Tracy Reese – Tracy Reese and Hope for Flowers
- Adrien Yakimov Roberts, Ambassador of London Graduate Fashion Week
- Nina Dahl, Tory Burch
The Judges will evaluate each Finalist's entry according to the following criteria, each weighted at 25%:
- Concept and Presentation
Finalists with the highest overall scores from the Judges will be deemed potential winners pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these guidelines, as determined by CCS at its sole discretion.
- The decisions of the judges shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Competition
- Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- Entry must be the original work of Entrant
- Entrants retain your rights to your illustration; however, by entering the contest, you grant the College for Creative Studies (CCS) a fully paid, royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any CCS purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the CCS Fashion Accessories Design Challenge, and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to College for Creative Studies publications.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pompano Beach, Florida
Miami Gardens, Florida
Fashion Scholar Program
After successfully completing the CCS Fashion Residency at the Precollege Summer Experience, one Resident who is a rising senior will be eligible to receive the Fashion Scholar Award to attend CCS’s undergraduate Fashion Design program. Student must be accepted and enrolled at CCS in order to receive this award.**
Scholarship will be applied over 4 years, $10,000 per year.
If the first place winner does not accept the award, this award will be given to the next highest qualifier from the Resident group. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of scholarship. Winner must meet all admissions criteria of College for Creative Studies and be admitted as a full time student.
This scholarship is provided by the College for Creative Studies and Danialle and Peter Karmanos, Jr. and is subject to change.
**The College for Creative Studies Fashion Scholar award will be awarded to one high school graduating Fashion Resident in 2021. Selection of the Fashion Scholar will be made by a panel of qualified judges. The Fashion Scholar will be selected from a cohort of graduating Fashion Residents who have successfully completed the Precollege Summer Experience program. Chances of winning the Fashion Scholar award will vary depending on the number of graduating senior who have complete the Fashion or FAD Resident Precollege Summer Experience program. The Fashion Scholar award winner must be a graduating senior who has completed the CCS admissions process and has been officially admitted. Scholarships are to be used to enroll in the CCS Fashion Design undergraduate BFA program.