Due to all of the unknowns around COVID-19 restrictions, this program will be completely virtual. And although we can no longer offer college credit, it won’t diminish this exciting experience, which you can now complete from the comfort of your own home. You will develop and create artwork that will greatly enhance your college entrance portfolio that will make you stand out nationwide.
Full Scholarships Available for Sneaker Design Summer Camp
CCS is excited to offer 6 high school students an opportunity to attend the College’s Precollege Sneaker Design Summer Camp online at no cost. This three-week program gives high school students the chance to prepare for CCS's Product Design program where graduates have gone on to work for Nike®, Adidas®, and Puma®. All students entering the competition will have their work judged by CCS faculty, but only 6 will be offered a scholarship for the three-week, online program - Monday through Friday, July 19-August 6.
Six Sneaker Design Competition Winners will be selected from all submissions by a jury of CCS Product Design Faculty. Each winner will receive a full scholarship to attend the College for Creative Studies three week, non-credit online “Athletic Shoe Design” program. ($885 value)
THEME: CCS is asking students to envision what their signature sneakers would look like. Are your dream sneakers designed for competitive sports like soccer or basketball? Or are they designed to be worn on the streets? Maybe on the red carpet?
Design a sneaker for any of the following activities: Basketball, Biking, Boxing, Hiking, Rock Scrambling, Skateboarding, Football, Soccer, Streetwear, or Tennis. Include your inspiration images and at least 3 drawings of your own original design that demonstrate color choices and different perspective views.
Who May Enter
- Current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors or international equivalent who will have completed their first year by July 1, 2021.
- Create an account on Slideroom
- Submit 2-3 drawings (hand drawn or digital) of your own original sneaker design for any sport or one the following activities: Basketball, Biking, Boxing, Hiking, Rock Scrambling, Skateboarding, Soccer, Streetwear, Tennis. (Different perspective views are recommended.)
- Include one page detailing color choices for your design.
- Tell us how the shoes will be used
- Submission form closes at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on March 1, 2021
Timing & Deadlines
October 1, 2020
Competition start date, begin submissions
March 1, 2021
May 1, 2021
- May 15, 2021
Winners must accept award and submit Precollege Summer Experience commitment forms
- July 19 - August 6, 2021
CCS Precollege Online Camp