Full Scholarships Available for Sneaker Design Summer Camp
CCS is excited to offer 6 high school students an opportunity to attend the College’s Precollege Sneaker Design Summer Camp at no cost. This three-week camp gives high school students the chance to prepare for CCS's Product Design program where graduates have gone on to work for Nike®, Adidas®, and Puma®. Each student will earn three transferable college credits. All students entering the competition will have their work judged by CCS faculty, but only 6 will be offered a scholarship that will cover the cost of housing, food, materials and three transferable college credits.
Six Sneaker Design Competition Winners will be selected from all submissions by a jury of CCS Product Design Faculty. Each winner will receive a full scholarship to attend the College for Creative Studies Precollege Summer Experience “Athletic Shoe Design” program and earn three college credits ($3,550. value). The award includes three weeks of faculty-led studio class, three transferable college credits, housing, food, materials and activities.
THEME: CCS is asking students to envision what their signature sneakers would look like. Are your dream sneakers designed for competitive sports like soccer or basketball? Or are they designed to be worn on the streets? Maybe on the red carpet?
Design a sneaker for any of the following activities: Basketball, Biking, Boxing, Hiking, Rock Scrambling, Skateboarding, Football, Soccer, Streetwear, or Tennis. Include your inspiration images and at least 3 drawings of your own original design that demonstrate color choices and different perspective views.
Who May Enter
- Current high school freshman, sophomores and juniors or international equivalent who will have completed their first year by July 1, 2020.
- Create an account on Slideroom
- Submit 2-3 drawings (hand drawn or digital) of your own original sneaker design for any sport or one the following activities: Basketball, Biking, Boxing, Hiking, Rock Scrambling, Skateboarding, Soccer, Streetwear, Tennis. (Different perspective views are recommended.)
- Include one page detailing color choices for your design.
- Tell us how the shoes will be used
- Submission form closes at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on March 1, 2020
Timing & Deadlines
October 1, 2019
Competition start date, begin submissions
March 1, 2020
May 1, 2020
- May 15, 2020
Winners must accept award and submit Precollege Summer Experience commitment forms
- July 12 – August 2, 2020
CCS Precollege Summer Experience