For International Students

Welcome to CCS!

We are pleased that you are interested in studying at CCS. The importance of international influences is recognized by CCS as an integral part of the educational experience. By assisting students from all over the world who attend CCS, we hope to create an atmosphere of dynamic idea exchange among students and faculty. We feel this is crucial to academic success at CCS and eventually the success of our alumni in the creative workplace.

We hope to make your transition as smooth as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the International Student Services Office directly. For opportunities to meet one of our representatives in your home country, go to our Visit Us page for updated events abroad.

For more information regarding study in the USA, please refer to the Education USA website.

Required Documentation

Once you are accepted to the College for Creative Studies, the International Student Services Office (ISSO) will assist you in obtaining your student visa to attend the College.

To attend CCS, you will be sponsored on an F-1 Student Visa. In order to apply for your F-1 visa, the ISSO requires these additional documents.

  • Statement of Financial Feasibility
    This is a bank statement documenting current, available funds. In order to apply for an F-1 visa, you will have to be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds at your disposal to cover the all-inclusive estimated cost of attendance at CCS for one entire academic year. You can learn more about the estimated cost of attendance, here. You are allowed to subtract your scholarship from the estimated cost of attendance.  
  • Affidavit of Support
    If your Statement of Financial Feasibility is in someone else’s name, such as a parent or relative, then that person will have to complete an Affidavit of Support. ISSO will provide this document.
  • Passport
    You must provide a copy of your passport information page to ISSO.

  • Visa Information Form
    ISSO will provide this document for you to complete.

Employment on Your F-1 Student Visa

Employment regulations surrounding immigration can be very strict, but the ISSO is here to help!

You are allowed to work on campus, for CCS, while on your F-1 Student Visa. This means that you are able to take advantage of college work study positions in the shops, departments, or libraries. Graduate students are also eligible to serve in Graduate Assistantships.

Employment during the academic year (fall and winter semesters) must be part-time, and cannot exceed 20 hours per week. You are allowed to work full-time during the summer recess.

F-1 students are not allowed to work off-campus, unless they receive prior work authorization. The ISSO is available to all CCS international students to assist with the application process for obtaining work authorizations such as CPT and OPT.

  • CPT
    During the degree program, international students will be able to apply for a specialized work authorization known as Curricular Practical Training (CPT).

  • OPT
    After graduation, international students may be able to extend their F-1 Visa status for an entire year, under the Optional Practical Training (OPT). OPT gives international students the ability to remain in the USA for an entire year beyond graduation for the purpose of practical, professional training in their field of study.

  • OPT STEM Extension
    Some programs of study at CCS are eligible for the OPT STEM Extension. This is a unique opportunity that allows international students, in specific programs, to extend their OPT for a total of three years. Qualifying programs of study at CCS are:

    • Entertainment Arts: Animation
    • Entertainment Arts: Digital Film
    • Entertainment Arts: Video Game Design
    • Interaction Design (MFA program)

You can see some of the amazing opportunities available to CCS students on our internship page and what CCS Alumni are doing in their creative careers!