Frontliners Create Change Award
The College for Creative Studies, recognizes and appreciates the work of Michigan’s frontline workers and the impact of the pandemic on their lives and the lives of their families. In recognition and gratitude for your efforts during Michigan’s COVID-19 shutdown and beyond- CCS is pleased to announce the Frontliners Create Change Award.
New Transfer students who have not previously enrolled in a credit-bearing program at CCS, and who have been approved for the Futures for Frontliners program will be eligible to receive an additional $4,000 per year*. This is in addition to our generous merit scholarships and any additional financial aid you may qualify for.
To receive the Frontliners Create Change Award, interested students must:
- Complete our Free Online Application
- Be admitted to an undergraduate degree program (see admissions requirements for details)
- Have completed (or plan to complete) an associate’s degree from one of the 28 Michigan Community Colleges participating in the Futures for Frontliners program
- Apply and received admission to CCS for any semester starting Winter 2022 – Fall 2024 (Fall and Winter starts terms available)
- Submit an Enrollment Deposit no later than June 1 or November 1
- Enroll in Fall 2024 semester courses no later than August 1, 2024
- Submit documentation of your participation in the State of Michigan Futures for Frontliners program to the CCS Admissions office with your enrollment deposit and prior to enrolling in your first semester.
Provide Verification of your Frontliner Status by following A or B:
- Provide a copy of your Futures for Frontliners acceptance email AND one of the following:
- A screenshot of your MI Students Scholarships and Grants (MiSSG) Student Portal showing your Future for Frontliner status or;
- A copy of a certificate of completion from the state-approved training provider. (Approved programs are listed on Michigan Training Connect.)
- Email a Request of Status Confirmation:
Email LEO-FuturesforFrontliners@michigan.gov and include email@example.com as a carbon copy recipient Your email needs to state that you are authorizing the Michigan Department of Workforce Development to verify your participation in the Futures for Frontliners program. A Workforce Development staffer can then “Reply All” with a confirmation.
*Award amount is based on full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours). Students attending part-time (6 to 9 credit hours) will receive a prorated award. Frontliners are eligible for this award each year they are enrolled.