The College for Creative Studies will award advanced placement credit for AP subject exams as described below.
- The student requests their Advanced Placement program exam results from the College Board .
- The exam results are sent to the Office of Academic Advising at CCS.
- The results are posted to the student's academic evaluation and notification is sent to the student's Academic Advisor.
- A grade of 3.0 or higher is required in most subjects to receive credit. See the corresponding AP grid to find out exactly what CCS credit is awarded.
- To request a copy of their AP score report, students must contact AP/College Board at (888)225.5427 or email.
If you have questions regarding the Advanced Placement procedure, please contact the Office of Academic Advising and Registration at 313.664.7672.
|AP Test Name||Minimum Required Score||Credit Hours Awarded||CCS Course Equivalent|
|Art, History of||3||3||DAH 200|
|Art, Studio - Drawing: Credit placement determined by portfolio review||4||3||DFN 101|
|Art, Studio - Art 2-D Design: Credit placement determined by portfolio review||4||3||DFN 117|
|Art, Studio - Art 3-D Design: Credit placement determined by portfolio review||4||3||DFN 118|
|Calculus AB||3||3||DNS 300|
|Calculus BC||3||3||DNS 300|
|Chinese Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|Computer Science A||3||3||General Elective|
|Computer Science AB||3||3||General Elective|
|Economics - Macroeconomics||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|Economics - Microeconomics||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|English Language & Composition||3||3||DEN 108|
|English Literature & Composition||3||3||DEN 108|
|Environmental Science||3||3||DNS 300|
|French Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|German Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|Government & Politics, U.S.||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|Government & Politics, Comparative||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|History, European||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|History, U.S.||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|History, World||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|Human Geography||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|Italian Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|Japanese Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|Music Theory||3||3||General Elective|
|Physics 1||3||3||DNS 300|
|Physics 2||3||3||DNS 300|
|Physics C- Mechanics||3||3||DNS 300|
|Physics C- Electricity & Magnetism||3||3||DNS 300|
|Psychology||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|
|Spanish Language & Culture||3||3||General Elective|
|Spanish Literature||3||3||Liberal Arts Elective|