Veterans Education Benefits
- Your first step to accessing your VA benefits is to apply and be admitted to CCS. Follow the application requirements.
- If you have earned Military credit, your Joint Services Transcripts (JST) may be considered for transfer credit based upon American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines. Placement is subject to applicability of the course(s) to a student’s degree requirements and transfer policies.
- Complete the application for VA Education Benefits.
- Pay your enrollment deposit as soon as you decide to attend and start the enrollment process.
- View the general timeline.
New Students applying for Veteran benefits for the first time, need to:
- Complete the Application for VA Education Benefits online at va.gov. If you do not have access to apply online, call 1.888.442.4551 and request that an application be sent to you.
- A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) will be issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs to the applicant/student showing approval to pursue an education program. This will include the remaining entitlement for the student and the eligibility dates.
- If you are eligible for VA benefits, submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the VA School Certifying Official’s (SCO) office before the start of your first semester at CCS either by mail, email or dropping it off in person. The SCO’s office is located in the Academic Advising and Registration Office on the first floor of the Yamasaki Building.
Transferring VA Benefits
If you have used your VA benefits at another institution, you will need to transfer your VA benefits:
- Complete Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the VA School Certifying Official’s (SCO) office before the start of your first semester at CCS either by mail, email or dropping it off in person. The SCO’s office is located in the Academic Advising and Registration Office on the first floor of the Yamasaki Building.
All changes of address, majors, withdrawals from courses must be reported immediately to the VA Certifying official.
Request an Appointment
Our friendly admissions staff is just a click away from helping you with the admissions and application process. Whether you are looking to apply for our undergraduate or graduate programs, we can help.
Experience CCS for Yourself
We offer in-person and virtual events and tours for both undergraduate and graduate students. Please join us for an upcoming event.