Once again CCS’s Advertising Department has dominated the student category of the District 6 American Advertising Federation’s ADDY® Awards
The ADDY® Awards represent the true spirit of creative excellence by recognizing all forms of advertising from media of all types, creative by all sizes, and entrants of all levels from anywhere in the world. The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition is a unique national awards program designed especially for college students.
Digital and Online category:
Assistant Professor Ryan Ansel’s students swept this category
- Seniors Simon Hurst and Brandon Locke collaboration
on a 15-second online commercial for the snack food Bugles received not only a Student Gold ADDY, but also a Professional Gold ADDY.
- “I Am Not A Politician,” a 90-second online spot to promote voting, won a Student Gold ADDY
for seniors Tiffany Wisnieski and Kayla Young.
- Senior Amy Sun’s “Lucipurr” mobile app earned a Student Gold ADDY and December 2012 graduate Travis Yarrington’s “Pad2Pad” mobile app received a Student Silver ADDY.
- Junior Andrew Stencil’s commercial “More Than You Paid For” created for Adjunct Faculty Greg Moy’s Junior Advertising Studio I: TV Concepts class was awarded a Student Silver ADDY.
- Sophomore Chelsea Robinson’s “Zombie” magazine ad for Donate Life America created in Chair Mark Zapico’s Sophomore Advertising Studio II class received a Student Gold ADDY.
The Gold ADDY winners move on to the National ADDY Awards competition, the results of which are announced at the Admerica! AAF national conference in Phoenix in late June.