The College for Creative Studies (CCS) has engaged Korn Ferry, the world’s largest executive search firm, to assist in the search for the next CCS president. The search follows the announced retirement, effective June 30, 2019, of current president Richard L. Rogers, whose 25-year leadership saw a major expansion of the college, greater engagement in the Detroit community, and international recognition.
“We are excited to find a leader who will build on the extensive accomplishments of Rick Rogers during the decades of his presidency,” said Keith E. Crain, Chair, CCS Board of Trustees. “As one of the most prominent art and design colleges in the world, CCS is in a strong position to attract outstanding candidates from around the nation.”
Korn Ferry is a premier global provider of talent acquisition solutions, founded in 1969, with a deep practice with U.S. institutions of higher education and nonprofit organizations. Paul H.L.Chou, Co-Managing Director of Korn Ferry’s Global Education Practice, is leading the search.
Last week, the CCS Board of Trustees appointed 15 individuals to serve on the Presidential Search Committee. Chaired by William U. Parfet, Board of Trustees member, the search committee is comprised of representatives from throughout the CCS community, including governance, faculty, staff, alumni and current students. Committee members include:
- William U. Parfet, Chair, CCS Trustee
- Lynn Alandt, CCS Trustee
- Mara Ghafari, CCS Trustee
- John W. (Jody) Ingle , CCS Trustee + CCS Alumnus (Product Design)
- Molly Valade, CCS Trustee + CCS Alumna (Fine Arts)
- Ed Welburn, Jr., CCS Trustee
- Sally Erickson Wilson, Chair and Associate Professor, MFA Color & Materials Design
- Don Kilpatrick, Chair, Illustration + Chair, Faculty Assembly
- Paul Snyder, Paul and Helen Farago Chair, Transportation Design + CCS Alumnus (Transportation Design)
- Michael Hill, Director, Human Resources
- Kristin Koch, Department Administrator, Communication Design + Chair, Staff Assembly
- Dan Long, Dean of Students
- Karen Koziatek, President, CCS Alumni Council
- Kayla Donaldson, CCS Student and Student Government Rep, Fashion Accessories Design
- Allie Runyan, CCS Student and Student Government President, Fine Arts
The search committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees of a candidate or candidates to serve as the next president. The Board is responsible for approving and appointing the final selection. The Board expects to conclude the process by mid-winter.