DEI Advisory Group
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Advisory Group is to develop and guide activities, protocols and trainings that strengthen CCS’ commitment to and creation of a welcoming, safe, supportive, creative and connected culture at the College.
DEI Advisory Group Responsibilities
- Developing a position statement to use in guiding our activities, on our website, etc.
- Researching and benchmarking best practice activities from other institutions, comparing what we have in place and what we need.
- Developing a plan to move the initiative forward, including engaging an expanded group and using our strategic plan format.
- Bringing awareness to members of the CCS community about diversity, equity, and inclusion in its many forms.
- Creating and sustaining initiatives to galvanize our culture and engage proactively in rapid response to issues of equity and inclusion both on campus and in external partnerships.
- Establishing professional connections with organizations dedicated to the advancement of diversity and inclusion.
As a leading school of art and design and influential member of the Detroit community, CCS desires to be an agent of cultural change in response to the historical context out of which the school and City have grown.
DEI Advisory Group Members
Associate Professor, Illustration
Assistant Professor, Section Head of Ceramics
Bookstore Assistant Manager
Coordinator, Community Arts Partnership
Assistant Professor, Fine Arts
Director of International Student Services
Technician, Metalshop & Foundry
Adjunct Faculty, Transportation Design
Graduate Studies Adjunct Professor
Student Engagement Manager
Associate Director of Foundation Relations
Resident Life Coordinator
Language Support Specialist
Environmental Services Supervisor
Digital Scholarship Specialist
Institutional Equity & Inclusion Outreach Manager
Dr. Dan Long
Dean of Students
Assistant Director, Community Arts Partnership
Adjunct Faculty, Liberal Arts
Senior Admissions Counselor
Community Arts Partnership
James Rogers Jr.
Dr. Deirdre Young
Assistant Dean Institutional Equity and Inclusion
Office Administrator Detroit Design Core
Community Advisors and Former Members
Program Manager, Entertainment Arts
Director, Kresge Arts in Detroit
Professor Emeritus, Photography
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Assistant Professor, Foundations
Chair Communication Design, Faculty Assembly Executive Committee
Program Manager, Fine Arts
Dr. Amy Ruopp
Chair of Art Education
Director of Wellness and Counseling Services
Director of Culture & Community, Design Core Detroit