- This event has passed.
30th Annual Concert of Colors
July 16 - July 24
Detroit’s Free Global Music Festival Hits Midtown
July 16-24, 2022
We are proud to support one of Detroit’s most beloved free festivals, the 30th Annual Concert of Colors, July 16-24! Its main stages are located indoors and outdoors at The Detroit Institute of Arts and the following additional locations:
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Arab American National Museum
- The DSO
- Scarab Club
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Michigan Science Center
- Hellenic Museum
The event features Live Music from Native Americans, Africa, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Guinea, Jamaica, India, Greece, Cuba, Ireland, and of course, Detroit (funk, rock, jazz), and more!
Highlights include, but are not limited to:
- Special screening of the documentary film of the 30 years of Concert of Colors
- The 15th Annual Don Was Detroit All-Star Revue tributing Iggy Pop
- An all-day Caribbean event starting with a parade, live music, and dance outside at the DIA. The public is welcome to join the parade!
- Live from Ukraine: DakhaBrakha+Ukrainian art
- Arab Women in Hip Hop
- Tribute to Alice Coltrane by Marion Hayden
- The National Arab Orchestra
- A Low-Rider car exhibit
- Native American folk and gospel
- Youth art stage
- Concert of Colors Annual Forum on Community, Culture & Race topic NO WAR ANYWHERE! A forum at the Arab American National Museum
Covid-19 protocols apply to indoor events at the DIA, etc. Visit www.concertofcolors.com for full details. Some indoor events require free registration. Follow us on FB: ConcertofColors and IG: @concertofcolorsdetroit. We hope to see you there, celebrate diversity!