College for Creative Studies: Transportation Design
Kunihisa Ito established and manages Kuni Ito Design Studio LLC. This company provides diverse car design consultation in addition to conducting the following educational activities in world wide.
- Hong-ik University in Korea from 2009-2012 taught the World Class University Summer Program.
- Tonji University in China from 2006-2012 taught in the Tools Academy program.
- Design Workshop for QOROS in Germany in 2014.
- Rendering Seminar at JIDA/Japan Design Association in Japan from 2014- 2018.
- Created the Cultural Immersion Workshop where young, professional car designers with international background has been participating in a summer design workshop at CCS 2008.
Ito brings over 40 years of international automotive and product design experience to his teaching position at CCS. Throughout this career, Ito has served in interior and exterior design and design management positions for automakers including General Motors/Opel, Ford Motor Co., and Nissan Design America.
He has also spent many years on international assignments in Germany, Korea, China and Japan. Ito established a design consultancy, Jiotto Design Inc., in Japan, which he managed from 1989 to 1999. During this time, he designed the Supercar, " Jiotto CASPITA" and many concept cars for global OEM.
Ito's work has been showcased in several car magazines throughout his career. His latest work, "Sketch from Detroit," was featured in the prominent international magazine, "Car Styling" from 2014. In addition, he published a series of articles " Wacom Rendering Seminar" in Car Styling from 1997-2004.