College for Creative Studies: Transportation Design
Kunihisa Ito established and manages Kuni Ito Design Studio LLC. This company provides diverse car design consultation in addition to conducting the following educational activities in world wide.
- Hong-ik University in Korea from 2009-2012 taught the World Class University Summer Program.
- Tonji University in China from 2006-20012 taught in the Tools Academy program.
- Design Workshop for QOROS in Germany in 20014.
- Rendering Seminar at at JIDA/Japan Design Association in 2004.
Ito brings over 40 years of international automotive and product design experience to his teaching position at CCS. Throughout this career, Ito has served in interior and exterior design and design management positions for automakers including General Motors/Opel, Ford Motor Co., and Nissan Design America.
He has also spent many years on international assignments in Germany, Korea, China and Japan. Ito established a design consultancy, Jiotto Design Inc., in Japan, which he managed from 1989 to 1999. During this time, he designed the Supercar, " Jiotto CASPITA."
At Ford Motor Co., Ito proposed the all-new Mazda RX-8 design in 2001. In addition, he provided the concept for the CUV "Edge." In 2003, he worked for Nissan Design America and developed two best selling sedans, "Maxima 2007" and "Sentra," as well as the concept vehicle "AZEAL." They were unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in 2005.
- Ito's work has been showcased in several car magazines throughout his career. His latest work, "Sketch from Detroit," was featured in the prominent international magazine, "Car Styling." In addition, he publish a series of articles " Wacom Rendering Seminar" in Car Styling from 1997-2004.