College for Creative Studies: Foundation
Robert Schefman, a native of Detroit, Michigan, earned a BFA from Michigan State University, and an MFA from the University of Iowa.
Visit website at: robertschefman.com
His work is in numerous private and public collections including The Broad Museum of Art, The Mint Museum of Art, The Detroit Institute of Arts, The Boca Raton Museum of Art, The 19th District Court, Dearborn; Ford Arts Center, Dearborn; Wayne State University, Detroit; The Cooley Law School, Lansing; The University of Iowa, and private collections in Detroit, New York City, Boca Raton, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. His work has been exhibited widely including exhibitions at The Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Midland Center For The Arts, The Krasl Art Center, Oakland University, The Detroit Institute of Art, Foley Square/ Federal Plaza, New York City, David Klein Gallery and Manifest Research Gallery.
Schefman has been awarded grants from the Pollack-Krasner Foundation, The Benard Maas Prize, ArtServe Michigan, The Arts foundation of Michigan, and the University of Iowa. He is currently on the faculty of the College for Creative Studies.
- INPA 5 International Painting Annual, Manifest Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Masters Of Drawing, Midland Center For The Arts, Midland, MI
- Art Miami 2017, David Klein Gallery
- Seattle Art Fair 2017, David Klein Gallery
- Focus On Faculty: Sabbatical Exhibition, College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI
- Pictures Of You, David Klein Gallery, Detroit, MI
- Robert Schefman: A Body Of Influence, Grosse Pointe Art Center, Grosse Pointe, MI
- What We’re Made Of: CCS Faculty Exhibition, College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI
- Steve Linn and Robert Schefman, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Ft. Wayne, IN
- First Show, David Klein Gallery, Detroit, MI
- Making Faces, David Klein Gallery, Birmingham, MI
- David Klein Gallery, Birmingham, MI
- The LA Art Show 2013, Timothy Yarger Fine Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Imago Mundi, Bennetton Foundation Project Venice Biennale, Venice, Italy
- Actual Size Biennial, Contemporary Art Institute, Detroit, MI