College for Creative Studies: Transportation Design
"Design Thinking" as a process
History of Automotive Design
33 Years @ General Motors Design Staff
Dir. of Design, Cadillac Exterior:
Motor Trend Car of the Year Cadillac CTS
2 Presidential Limousines
33% of all GM cars sold 2008 were a result of Manoogian's team's efforts
Executive Vehicle Chief Designer:
Chief Designer Pontiac Exterior
Assist. Chief Designer
Saturn Exterior, Pontiac Exterior, Cadillac Exterior
Responsible for interviewing and hiring college graduates for design positions at GM Design
Sheetmetal Subject Matter Expert
Exterior Quality Champion
3 Design Patents
John Manoogian II is currently acting as a design consultant for his recently formed design consultancy Forzablitz, working on various design projects which included an electric car project. He has also been retained as an Expert Witness in Automotive Design Patent case. Additionally, Manoogian is teaching the next generation of transportation designers as an Adjunct Professor at CCS.
- Speaker: Industrial Designer's Society of America Annual Michigan conference on Transportation
- Speaker: Portland Art Museum, Art of the Automobile"
- Speaker: Cadillac Club of America, Classic Car Club of America
- Documentary "Detroit in Overdrive"
- Concours Judge: La Jolla,CA, Meadowbrook Concours, Eyes on Design Automotive Design Exhibition
- MSNBC,NPR, various Automotive television program guest speaker
- Quoted in Automotive publications regarding design trends and automotive design