College for Creative Studies: Foundation
Josephine Primeau is a multiple media artist whose work is sourced from intense observation of the natural world. She is engaged in a sustained & playful visual conversation which explores subjectivity and perception, the poetics of paint, and the boundaries of representation and abstraction.
Upon earning her BFA at CCS, Josephine worked in Detroit as a broadcast designer: first at WTVS, and then for WDIV, receiving extensive recognition with work published in the Print Regional Design Annual, STA 100, and the Broadcast Designers Association Annuals.
She began teaching drawing and painting after receiving her MFA in 2003, and has been teaching drawing in the Foundations Department at CCS since 2012. Ms. Primeau's work is held in numerous collection including the Kresge Foundation.
- Detroit Artist Market/WSU Scholarship Exhibition (as Faculty/Mentor)
- Gilda Snowden Memorial Exhibition, Scarab Club, Detroit
- Paperworks, Scarab Club, Detroit
- CCS Alumni Exhibition, Detroit
- Pioneers: Celebrating the Artists of the Pioneer Bldg., Cass Cafe, Detroit
- CCS Faculty Exhibition, Detroit
- Everlast, Wayne State University, Detroit
- Detroit Collective, work detroit, Detroit
- Art of the Sleeping Bear; Transforming Nature Into Art, Dennos Museum, Traverse City, MI