Erika LeBarre has always been exposed to art in one way or another.
Erika LeBarre has always been exposed to art in one way or another. Her father designed cars for the Big Three, and her mother is a ceramicist. LeBarre’s parents always encouraged her creative side. Drawing was her favorite thing to do, especially dinosaurs and monsters and fantasy creatures as subject matter.
After graduating with a degree in illustration, Erika worked at an art studio with other illustrators and designers for over four years. She now works as a freelance illustrator creating work for grade school textbooks, children's magazines, book covers, and magazine articles to name a few.
Erika’s life has come full circle by having the opportunity to teach at the College for Creative Studies while still maintaining her career as a professional illustrator. At CCS she has taught Children's Book Illustration, Illustration Techniques 1, Introduction to Digital Illustration, and Illustration & Design.
- Two fully illustrated children's books for Concordia Publishing House's longstanding "Arch Books" line.
- Book covers for Berkley Prime Crime/Penguin Random House, and Guideposts.
- Hundreds of illustrations for five of Faber Piano Adventures' piano lessons books
- A children's eBook titled, "Blucy the Blue Cat" currently available to purchase and download on amazon.com
- School textbook work for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, McGraw-Hill, Pearson, and Scholastic
- Interior work for Highlights and Highlights High Five Magazine
- Local merchandizing work for Detroit Mercantile and Peninsulas