College for Creative Studies: Transportation Design
Peter Davis is a design leader with extensive and diverse international experience in interior and exterior automotive design, color, grain and materials development. He has additional experience in developing strategic initiatives and implementing continuous improvements in design process, customer value, brand expression and perceptual quality.
- 1983 -1989, Opel Design - guiding Omega, Vectra and Astra Interior designs,
- 1989-1993, Fiat / Lancia Interior Design - directing Fiat Punto, Bravo/Brava, Lancia Epsilon interiors,
- 1993-1999, Director,Centro Stile Fiat Exterior and Interior - managing entire Fiat product portfolio
- 1999-2009, General Motors Interior Director, for interior quality and strategy - directing interiors for Cadillac, Corvette, International joint venture programs, as well as several crossover interiors. Led GM global color and materials group common processes and standardized materials.
- 2010-present, Chief Design for Tata Technologies - supporting global automotive and heavy equipment design projects.
- Currently CCS Adjunct Faculty - advising the MFA transportation design thesis projects.
- Design History
- Global Auto Design Influences
- Design Innovation
- Product Development Process and Innovation