College of Creative Studies: Liberal Arts
Dr. Saurbier’s professional career includes experience in the automotive, professional services, and higher education industries.
- Application of leadership and management theory to higher education
- Higher education accreditation and student learning outcome assessment
Ann Saurbier, D.M. has taught a wide variety of management courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Dr. Saurbier is currently the Chair of the Management department at Walsh and served as the Director of Student Outcomes Assessment, working with administration and faculty to advance Walsh College’s assessment processes.
Additionally, Ann has served as a faculty mentor, coaching new faculty and has developed and delivered a wide variety of faculty professional development workshops and specialized training courses for local organizations.
Before joining Walsh College, Dr. Saurbier’s professional career included experience in the automotive, professional services, and higher education industries. At Walsh, she has combined her experience in assessment and doctoral research to author several articles on the application of evidence-based management to the American higher education accreditation process. Ann has also presented her work to the Accreditation Council for Business School Programs (ACBSP) and serves as an ACBSP peer reviewer.
- Saurbier, A. (2013). Evidence of quality: Toward resolving the paradox of evidence in the American accreditation process. The Third Annual Engaged Management Scholarship Conference.
- Saurbier, A. (2014). Using infographics as an integrative higher-order skill development assignment in undergraduate leadership Instruction. Business Education Innovation Journal, 6(1).
- Saurbier, A. (2014). A system of information and evidence: A theoretical systematic review framework to explore evidence of quality in the complex American higher education accreditation context. The Fourth Annual Engaged Management Scholarship Conference.
- Targeting Knowledge and Skills: Improving Student Performance in an MBA Capstone Course. 2nd Annual Biz Inno Conference.
- Continuing Cycles of Improvement: Improving Student Performance across Time. Accreditation Council for Business School Programs Annual Conference.
- Faculty Perceptions on Professional and Student Development in Performance Evaluations. 52nd Annual Conference Midwestern Business Administration Association, North American Management Society.
- Embedding Functional Rubrics: Simultaneously Assessing and Grading Student Work. ACBSP Annual Conference.