COVID-19 Community Resources
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, it is important to acknowledge that CCS community members may be returning to an intergenerational home, employees/students may be taking care of children and/or elderly parents, or siblings with a compromised immune system. Below are a few community resources aimed at addressing potential needs as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation:
- Comcast and Charter Communications will offer free internet access to low-income families. Internet and cable will not be suspended.
- Gleaners Community Food Bank has increased food distribution sites for families and children in Metro Detroit.
- United Way has set up funds to help families with health care, financial resources and other services. The organization has also launched a COVID-19 community response fund to continue efforts to support families during the school closures. Help or volunteer at 211.
- The Human Utility is non-profit organization providing help to families and makes sure they always have running water at home, detroitwaterproject.org.
- Comprehensive list of state-wide resources: bridgemi.com
- Poverty Solutions University of Michigan released a guide that provides information on how to access programs aimed at supporting Michiganders during the coronavirus outbreak, Michigan COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide.
- Oakland County Resources
- Macomb County Resources
- Wayne County Resources